2014 NHL WINTER CLASSIC SWEEPSTAKESThe San Jose Sharks are offering fans the chance to see the Winter Classic at the historic Big House in Ann Arbor, Michigan! The Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will square off on January 1, 2014 and one lucky Sharks fan will win the chance to be there. Enter for the chance to win:
- Two tickets to the 2014 NHL Winter Classic
- Two flight vouchers
- Hotel room for three nights
- Two Sharks jerseys to wear at the game
TO ENTER, TEXT “WC” TO 742757 (messaging & data rates may apply)
Don’t wait – sweepstakes ends December 13, 2013!
One entry per person only. Subsequent entries from the same person for the same drawing will be disqualified. Entries may also be submitted online through the form below. Official rules are below.
For more information about the Winter Classic, click here.
San Jose Sharks 2014 NHL Winter Classic Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
THE SAN JOSE SHARKS 2014 NHL WINTER CLASSIC SWEEPSTAKES (THE “PROMOTION”) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE PROMOTION BEGINS AT 7:00 A.M. (PT) ON NOVEMBER 18, 2013, AND ENDS AT 5:00 P.M. (PT) ON DECEMBER 13, 2013 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
1. HOW TO ENTER:
There are two methods of entry:
Via text message: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period text the keyword "WC" to 742757. Each text message, sent or received, may incur a charge as provided in your rate plan. Message and data rates may apply. By entering through text message, you agree to receive at least one (1) promotional text message confirming your entry and providing you with the option of receiving additional informational and promotional text messages by following the instructions in the message. Message and Data Rates May Apply: We will not charge you to receive our texts; however, your mobile provider may charge you for each message we send you or that you send us. It is your responsibility to know whether your provider will charge you for the sending or receipt of text messages. We assume no responsibility for charges incurred by you for receiving or sending texts to us.
Via website: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period visit http://www.sjsharks.com/winterclassic, (the “Website”). Follow the provided instructions to complete and submit the entry form which includes your name, date of birth, phone number, address and email address (“Entry”).
Only one (1) entry per person/per household. All entries must be received by 5:00 P.M. (PT) on December 13, 2013. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sharks and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sharks computer is the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of California, 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees of the San Jose Sharks, its advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, and their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the Promotion, you are bound by and agree to these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) tickets to the 2014 NHL Winter Classic, two (2) airline vouchers with value of $750 each (airline to be determined by Sharks - winner will be responsible for booking flights), one (1) hotel room for three (3) nights (hotel to be determined by Sharks and will be within reasonable distance to event venue). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate retail value of prize is $3000. The Winner shall be fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the Prize, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, taxes (including income taxes) and gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at the Sharks' sole discretion. The Sharks will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the production of the television commercial. Limit one (1) Winner per household.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be randomly selected by Sharks personnel from among all eligible entries for the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted on December 14, 2013. Judges’ decisions are final and binding. Failure to comply with the Validation process described herein and/or any other term contained in the Official Rules when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
5. VALIDATION: Potential winners will be notified by email using the contact information submitted at the time of entry. Each potential winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release. The Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept prize within 72 hours after initial notification attempt. If a potential winner does not respond and accept the prize within 72 hours after the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS, (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sharks reserve the right to disqualify, and block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sharks in it sole discretion. The Sharks also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Promotion in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other causes which, in their sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SHARKS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as a winner, the Sharks have the right (but is not obligated) to announce your name, home city, and state, and to air your voice live on-air during a Show. The Sharks are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
By entering, you agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and all other terms and conditions as determined by the Sharks, which shall be final. The Sharks have the right to modify these rules in its sole discretion for clarification purpose without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Except where prohibited, all winners grant to the Sharks and its advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state and announce on-air winner’s name, home city and state in any media to promote the Sharks and the Promotion without additional compensation. Entrants enter at their own risk. No responsibility is assumed for and the Sharks and its agents shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. THE SHARKS AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS. The Sharks may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, the Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in section #1, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Judges’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Promotion and selection of the Prize winners are final.
By entering for the opportunity to participate in the Sharks promotional activities (the “Activities”), you certify, warrant, represent, agree and covenant to the Sharks, the National Hockey League (the “NHL”), any sponsors or promoters of the Activities, and all others acting with the Sharks’ authority (collectively, the “Releasees”) the following:
RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION
By entering, you agree to RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Sharks from any liabilities, damages, losses, expenses, claims, demands, suits, actions, fines or judgments related to or arising out of the subject of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or related to the Sharks’ negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law. You also waive any rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, and all similar laws of any jurisdiction, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
7. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: San Jose Sharks, 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
8. NAME OF WINNER: The name of the winner will be posted online at the www.SJSHARKS.com until January 15, 2014.