VOTE FOR THE SHARKS FAN FAVORITE AWARD
presented by the Enterprise Exotic Car Collection
AND ENTER TO WIN CHANCE TO MEET YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER!
|For the sixth time, Sharks fans will bestow a year-end award to their favorite player!
To vote and enter, complete the form below. Every fan who votes will be automatically entered to win the Grand Prize:
Plus, every fan that enters will receive 25% off an Enterprise Exotics car rental. Click here for more information about Enterprise Exotics Collection.
See below for official contest rules. One vote per fan. Voting ends Tuesday, April 5 at 10:00PM (PT).
2015-16 Sharks Fan Favorite Award SweepstakesNO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
THE 2015-16 SHARKS FAN FAVORITE AWARD SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 9:00 A.M. (PT) ON MARCH 23, 2016, AND ENDS AT 10:00 P.M. (PT) ON APRIL 2, 2016 (THE "SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD").
1. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Limit One (1) Entry Per Person Per Household. Three methods of entry:
a. ONLINE: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period visit www.sjsharks.com/fanfavorite (the “Website”). Follow the provided instructions to complete and submit an onlineentry form with your name, birthdate and email address (the “Entry”).
Sharks reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules. Sharks are not responsible for any inability by potential entrants to connect to the Internet or to access the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of California, 18 years of age or older, with access to the Website on the date of Entry. Employees of Sharks Sports & Entertainment, LLC, the advertising and promotional agencies involved with this Sweepstakes, each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, officers, agents, board members, staff, agents, legal representatives, administrators, assigns, heirs and executors, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. Purchasing Internet access, a computer and/or any other device for the purpose of participating in the Sweepstakes is expressly prohibited.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you are bound by and agree to these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: The odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Winner”) shall have the opportunity to win two (2) tickets to the Sharks home game on April 9, 2016, two (2) Zamboni rides on April 9, 2016 (participants must be at least six (6) years old), opportunity for one (1) person to meet a Sharks player and receive their game worn jersey on the ice following the game on April 9, 2016 and a pre-game SAP Center tour for two (2) people prior to the game on April 9, 2016. Ticket location will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sharks. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate retail value of prize is $600. Ten (10) Minor Prize Winners will receive one of the following prizes (randomly selected):
- 2015-16 San Jose Sharks team signed replica jersey ($200)
- 2015-16 San Jose Sharks team signed replica jersey ($200)
- Joe Thornton signed puck ($40)
- Patrick Marleau signed puck ($40)
- Martin Jones signed puck ($40)
- Logan Couture signed puck ($40)
- Joe Pavelski signed puck ($40)
- Melker Karlsson signed puck ($40)
- Brent Burns signed puck ($40)
- Tomas Hertl signed puck ($40)
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries that voted for the winning “Fan Favorite Player” received during the entry period. (i.e., if Joe Thornton has most votes for “Fan Favorite Player”, the Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all entries that voted for Thornton). Ten (10) Minor Prize Winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period, regardless of the vote of the entrant. Winners will be randomly selected by a method determined by the Sharks in its sole discretion from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted on April 6, 2016. Sweepstakes administration and selection of potential winners are final and binding. Failure to comply with the Validation process described herein and/or any other term contained in these Official Rules when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative Winner.
5. VALIDATION: Winners will be notified by phone and/or email using the contact information submitted at the time of entry. Each Winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release. The Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept Prize within three (3) days after initial notification attempt. If a Winner does not respond and accept the Prize within three (3) days after the first notification attempt, or if the Prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such Winner, the Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. If any Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. In the event that an alternate Winner or alternate Winners are selected, such Winners will be randomly selected by a method determined by the Sharks in its sole discretion from among eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS, (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sharks reserve the right to disqualify, and block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sharks in it sole discretion. The Sharks also reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Sweepstakes in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other cause which, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SHARKS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as a Winner, the Sharks have the right (but is not obligated) to announce your name, home city, and state, and to air your voice live on-air during a Show. The Sharks are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
By entering, you agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and all other terms and conditions as determined by the Sharks, which shall be final. The Sharks have the right to modify these Official Rules in its sole discretion for clarification purpose without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, each Winner grants to the Sharks and its advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residency and announce on-air Winner’s name, home city and state in any media to promote the Sharks and the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.
Entrants enter at their own risk. No responsibility is assumed for and the Sharks and its agents shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY NOT BE RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. THE SHARKS AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS. The Sharks may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if at the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, the Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in section #1, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Sharks’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the Winners are final.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and finally resolved exclusively by binding arbitration administered by a single arbitrator of the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and taking place in San Jose, California. Any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Except as required by law, neither party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, results or award of any arbitration without the prior written consent of all parties. The arbitrator will have no authority to award punitive or other damages not measured by the prevailing party’s actual damages. You waive the right to resolve a dispute by any other means, including by a jury trial. This dispute resolution provision shall survive the Sweepstakes and cannot be modified. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE ELECTING TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES THROUGH ARBITRATION AND ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
8. PUBLICITY AND USE OF LIKENESS: By entering the Sweepstakes, you certify, warrant, represent, agree and covenant to the Sharks, the National Hockey League (the “NHL”), and all others acting with the Sharks’ authority (collectively, the “Releasees”) the following:
RIGHT TO USE & OWNERSHIP. The Releasees shall have the perpetual and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in all manners and media your name, image, voice, appearance and other identifying information provided in connection with the Sweepstakes (the “Likeness”), and to record, broadcast and otherwise exploit the Likeness in any and all promotions, advertisements and/or public displays or announcements of any kind and in any and all media. The Releasees shall have full and exclusive ownership and control of any video, photograph or recording of the Likeness (the “Material”). You shall have no rights to such Material, and the Releasees may use, alter or modify all or part of the Material and Likeness, regardless of whether you are recognizable. You acknowledge and understand that the Releasees make no representations that the Likeness or Material will or will not be used in any specified way.
9. RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION: You acknowledge that you receive material benefit from participation in the Sweepstakes and, in consideration, agree to fully and completely, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Releasees from and with respect to any and all liability, claims, damages, losses, expenses, demands, suits, actions, fines and/or judgments, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs and litigation expenses (the “Claims”), related to or arising from the subject of these Official Rules and this agreement to be bound by them, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or related to the Releasees’ negligence; and (ii) INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any Claims asserted against the Releasees caused by, in whole or in part, or arising from, directly or indirectly, your involvement with the Sweepstakes and/or violation of these Official Rules.
By entering, you agree to waive any rights under §1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, and all similar laws of any jurisdiction, providing: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
You further agree that you (i) understand all terms of these Official Rules, (ii) have full knowledge of the foregoing content and significance, including that, through these Official Rules, you give up legal rights that may otherwise be available, and (ii) enter into this Sweepstakes freely and voluntarily, without inducement or coercion.
11. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: San Jose Sharks (the “Sharks”), 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
12. NAME OF WINNER: The name of the Winners will be posted online at the www.SJSHARKS.com until April 30. Alternatively, a list of Winners may be obtained by sending a request for such a list and a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope to San Jose Sharks 2015-16 “Fan Favorite Award” Sweepstakes Winners List at 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.